Saturday, February 19, 2011

End of the Year Update


As you may recall, I had a list of a few things I wanted to get done by the end of the year. While I didn't finish them all, I have continued to plug away at the list and still plan to accomplish them all. So, I thought I'd give you a quick update.

- Get all photo books up to date - I am making year books to keep up with the goings-on in our family for each year. I have a few years of back log, so I need to catch up.
- Pare down to no more than 10 emails in my inbox - Did you read this post? You should. I didn't know Gmail could do so much, so I've been picking away at this one. DONE!
- Write Christmas letter and mail out cards - Ok, well get my people to do this. DONE!
- Come up with a weekly goals sheet - I like what MoneySavingMom andLifeAsMom use, so I'd like to get my mom to make up something similar. There will be a post on what I come up with. DONE!
- Upload all pictures to DropShots - DropShots is a great website for backing up your digital photos and videos. I have a TON of pictures, so it is taking me quite a few weeks to upload all the pictures (I have pictures starting from 2002). You can get a lifetime membership for $99. Totally worth it--I love their site.

The major holdup in finishing up this to-do list was uploading the pictures to DropShots. Not because I had problems with their site. No, just because it took a really long time to upload all my pictures. I had 127,825 pictures.

Yes, yes, I did.

One of the things I especially love about DropShots is that when you upload pictures to their site, it organizes them by date. This is great for working on my yearly photo books! Now, I can get those checked off my list as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment