Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Streamlining Life

MoneySavingMom.com is running a series of posts on time management right now. If you haven't already checked them out, you should. I mean, you can wait until you finish reading this, but then you should go read her stuff. These posts couldn't have come at a better time for me because I am in the process of streamlining my life. Most days I feel like this:


But would like more days of feeling like this:

When we moved out of our house, we came to stay with some of my grandparents. This is perfect timing, I tell you! Why? Because I don't have any responsibilities....well, at least not a bunch. I mean, I still homeschool. But other than that, I don't really have much to worry about. I bark at the cat that sometimes suns itself outside, and sometimes drink water out of the pond. But, all in all, it's pretty low key around here. Which means this is the perfect opportunity to work on streamlining my life. I have lots of projects I've been meaning to do for a while and they've all been swept up in the hustle and bustle of having a baby sister in the house and moving. I am determined to get them all done before the end of the year though. This way I can start the new year fresh (Fresh = looking like the second picture, not the first).

Some of the things on my list are:
- Get all photo books up to date - I am making year books to keep up with the goings-on in our family for each year. I have a few years of back log, so I need to catch up.
- Pare down to no more than 10 emails in my inbox - Did you read this post? You should. I didn't know Gmail could do so much, so I've been picking away at this one. DONE!
- Write Christmas letter and mail out cards - Ok, well get my people to do this.
- Come up with a weekly goals sheet - I like what MoneySavingMom and LifeAsMom use, so I'd like to get my mom to make up something similar. There will be a post on what I come up with.
- Upload all pictures to DropShots - DropShots is a great website for backing up your digital photos and videos. I have a TON of pictures, so it is taking me quite a few weeks to upload all the pictures (I have pictures starting from 2002). You can get a lifetime membership for $99. Totally worth it--I love their site.


I'll keep you up to date on my progress and will cross the items off as I finish.





No comments:

Post a Comment