Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No Spend Month: Go big, or go home


April is kicking off my no spend month. No milkbones, new blue toys (Unless they're gifts. Obviously I'm not going to turn away a homeless blue toy), no beverages in the drive through, etc. I know many bloggers do 'no spend weeks' here and there, but I figure if I'm gonna do it, I might as well do it big. There are a few allowances, though. I can purchase:
- dairy and produce
- puppy piddle pads and wipes (though, we really shouldn't need any because we're pretty well stocked up)
- minimal gas for the cars (for my dad to get to work and for mom and my baby sister to go to doctor's appointments and stuff)

Other than that, we will be spending lots of time at home and not spending money. All the money saved from our budget will go towards paying off our mortgage. That could be upwards of the equivalent of 192 boxes of milkbones! I will provide weekly update reports on menus and how we're "living like no one else"!

No comments:

Post a Comment