Monday, May 9, 2011

Gentleman Prefer Blondes

But I think probably everyone prefers blondes. Golden retrievers? Yellow labs? Yep, everyone prefers blondes. It seemed only natural that I give it a whirl as well. And lucky for me, I walked right into an opportunity.

My mom was trying to color her hair and get rid of her roots that had grown out so that her hair would look nice for a wedding she's in. And, um, well, there was a snafoo. A really really bad, bright orange snafoo. Her hair was an amazingly bright shade of orange...but only in certain spots. You can imagine her horror. So she and my baby sister headed out to get hair dye to cover up the catastrophe. They came back with stuff that smelled so so yummy.

Specifically "Vanilla Icing" by a candy company called "L'Oreal".

My mom didn't eat all of the candy and then just tossed it in the garbage. If she didn't want that delicious-smelling stuff, I sure did! So I stuck my head in the garbage and got it. Yep, I did.


And now my ear is a gorgeous shade of dark ash blonde. I feel jipped. I don't know what that stuff was, but I don't think it was candy.

Thankfully, my mom was able to wash most of the dye out of my ear and I'm only left with one small spot. I would not recommend L'Oreal for your next candy purchase, no matter how many coupons you have.

P.S. If the aforementioned bride is reading, all is well, and my mom's hair is now a naturally-occuring shade of auburn. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment