Saturday, April 23, 2011

Garden Update


This post is to bring you up to speed on the current status of my plants. I had been posting the pictures of my plants several weeks after I actually took them, and I am trying to fast forward to their current appearance (we actually planted them in March).

These plants all say they should start bearing fruit around the 75 day mark. We are at approximately the 35 day mark, so nearly halfway. I am hoping to see some deliciousness on those branches around the first few weeks of June.

It has also come to my attention that I need to pull off the "suckers". After further investigation, it turns out that "suckers" are the itty bitty branches that grow in between the big fruit-bearing branches on the main stalk. They "suck" extra nutrients that would otherwise go to growing the fruit.

I thought it had something to do with lollipops. I stand corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment