Monday, December 27, 2010

Contentment

Guest post by my mom

I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content.

We just moved to a new area and Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore. I tell you what. THIS is how the other half lives. See the picture up there? That's approximately the 9514th Porche we've seen since arriving.

We've been here a week.

We are definitely preaching to ourselves these days. We worked hard to get out of debt and stay that way and we're not looking to go back. But boy, is it easy to see how you can get stuffitis out here.

What do you mean? You've never heard of "stuffitis"? You know....the swelling of your stuff. Wanting more stuff and convincing yourself you NEED more stuff. Yeah. Stuffitis.

Thankfully, we live in a not-so-ritzy neighborhood, so it's easier to steer clear of all the flashy stuff since most of our neighbors don't have it either. I feel like Dave Ramsey should send missionaries out here. I mean, I'm quite certain that there are many folks in our area that CAN afford the big house(s), 5 cars, yacht, etc. But I've gotta believe that a large portion of the people driving all these fancy cars are just trying to keep up with the Joneses. And the Mellons. And the Carnegies. And Vanderbilts. And Rockefellers. And the list goes on.

It's easy to see how you can get so caught up in what others have that you forget what you DO have (and let's be honest, it's not all YOURS anyway). Be sure to count your blessings frequently. I'll help: You're an American, you (clearly) have internet, and therefore also electricity....

And when in doubt, just remind yourself...

I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content. I WILL be content.

1 comment:

  1. geesh. ok deep breath... we can do this together right?!??!

    ReplyDelete