Friday, December 21, 2007

It appears I have a prodigy...

What a wonderful moment to see my life's ambition come to fruition. Ok, well a miniature poodle with a blog wasn't my life's ambition, but whatever...ambitions change and evolve and until I need another snack (which will be in about 15 minutes), this is my life's ambition.
There is a miniature black poodle puppy (and a handsome devil if I might say so) named Oliver and he now has a blog (For those of you who are not familiar with Oliver, check out his blog http://oliveropines.blogspot.com/). I'm inspiring canines all over the world! Or at least in the Northeast...you have to start somewhere. I'd like to thank the Academy, my wonderful friends and family, the folks at PetSmart, the makers of Eukanuba....I couldn't have done it without your love support, snacks, rawhides, and above all, blue toys.
So, Captain Poopypants, this blog is dedicated to you and your future endeavors. I wish you all the best. It's hard to type, but keep plugging away at it and it'll get easier. Until you do something super funny to post on your next blog (I highly recommend turning on the tub faucet...gets 'em every time!) here's a recipe for you to get your moms to make for you. The recipe makes a bazillion and my mom said she wishes she had cut it in half, but don't tell your moms and you'll be swimming in snacks for weeks--yay!

Snickerpoodles

1/2c vegetable oil
1/2c shortening
1c honey
2 eggs
3 3/4 c white flour
2 t cream of tartar
1t baking soda
1/2c corn meal
2t cinnamon (don't worry, there's not enough in here to give you the squirts)

Mix vegetable oil, shortening , honey with eggs. Beat well. Add flour, soda and cream of tartar. Knead dough until mixed well. Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into balls. Mix the cornmeal and cinnamon together in a bowl and roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet . Press the balls down with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400F. Cool on a rack. Store in airtight container.

*Please excuse the lack of pictures, I'm at a super fun camp called Country Kennels for the holidays and I only have my BlackBerry. Oliver, you need to be able to stay in touch with your fans. Write that down.

No comments:

Post a Comment