Saturday, May 8, 2010

What I've been Reading

I wish I could say I was reading a ton. However, my baby sister keeps me pretty busy (what with having to lick up all the drool off her blankets and eating the fuzz balls off her hands), so I don't read as much as I probably should. I will try to be better about keeping a list of what I've been reading, but for now, I'll just give the highlights. With that caveat, here is what I have been reading in the last few weeks:

More than Enough - I have actually read this one three times since I got it as a gift. Even though some of it is a repeat from his Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace University, I think it's still really motivational. Totally helps to keep me on the straight and narrow when it comes to saving bones.

Einstein Never Used Flash Cards - This one was great. I got it as a gift and it was definitely the mental boost I needed. It's easy to get caught up in the you-need-to-buy-one-of-everything-BabiesRUs-sells-otherwise-your-kid-will-be-illiterate-retarded-and-socially-inept hype. This was a great reminder that it doesn't take all that fluff to raise your child well.

David Copperfield - Ahhhhhh, Charles Dickens. I like his dry, sarcastic sense of humor. So funny. I mean, seriously, who can keep a straight face when Betsey Trotwood starts hollerin' about those donkeys?!?!? I'd probably bark at donkeys too, but it's still funny.

The Big Three in Economics: Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keynes - Yeah, yeah. I know, a smidge boring. I'm trying to keep my brain muscles working so, I keep the wheels 'a turnin' with some reading of substance where I might actually learn something. While not exactly a page-turner, I definitely learned some new stuff about economics. Dry but worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment