Friday, April 9, 2010

No Spend Week 1 in Review

Guest Post--by, My Mom

This week was exponentially better. It wasn't entirely "no spend", but definitely an improvement. Here is what I spent money on:

- $5.70 at the post office
- $8.75 on lunch out with a friend (I had a coupon for a free meal, but forgot it at home and didn't realize it until I got to the restaurant...bummer)
- $11.41 on lunch out with a different friend (this lunch was planned before I decided to do the No Spend Challenge, so I knew I was going to spend money on this)

The week isn't entirely over, but seeing as I've only spent $25.86 for the week, I think that's pretty good. I'll need to buy gas tomorrow, but otherwise I don't foresee any expenses in the upcoming week other than gas. I still have enough groceries to get us through the next week without buying any produce or dairy, so no expenses there. I'm excited to see if I can truly go the whole week without spending anything!

*Disclaimer: I realize a No Spend Challenge should be just that....no spending. However, given that this is my first attempt at a No Spend Challenge, I am thinking that minimal spending is at least a step in the right direction. Even if I get to the end of the month and never actually had a No Spend Month, I think we'll still have made pretty good strides towards a significant extra principle payment on the mortgage!

No comments:

Post a Comment