Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It must be the elevation...


Mom was just gone for what seemed like forever. She says she was some place called Wyoming. I am pretty sure she is making that up because who would name a place "Wyoming"? "Snausages", yes. "Wyoming", no. Anyway, she got back last night and Fod and I were SO HAPPY to see her! She brought her friend Bevan too who is an all around fun gal (not to be confused with a fungi....but I digress.). So, in hopes of finding out that this location was not in fact called "Wyoming", I perused her pictures. Turns out, the joke was on me. She really WAS in Wyoming. Who knew?



In any case, I learned from hearing her tell about her trip, that being at a higher elevation causes you to be short of breath because of the decreased oxygen levels. This new information was such a relief. I have felt out of breath most of my life. My parents always chalked it up to not being in the best physical shape. Turns out, it was because of the elevation. According to my friends over at Wikipedia, Annapolis, MD is at 39ft above sea level. If you take into account that Perry Circle apartments are on a hill, plus, we live on the second floor. I think you can begin to understand the compounding problem I have faced. So, I am not, in fact, lazy just because I sleep 20 out of every 24 hours. It's because of the elevation.

No comments:

Post a Comment