Friday, February 8, 2008

Oh my.


Wow, I think my CPK is up. For those of you who aren't familiar, CPK stands for creatine phosphokinase and is an enzyme found in cells. When muscle cells are damaged/injured, CPK leaks out of the cells and so the level in the blood rises. In my case, I did an awful lot of hard running at the dog park the other day, causing lots of small tears, and therefore an increase in my CPK. Don't worry, my levels will be back to normal in a few days. I'm fine. Just wanted to make you aware in case any of you ever find out that your CPK levels are elevated.

You ask, "Jack, what should I take away from your experience and professional know-how?"? Quit going to the dog park so much on the weekends and you'll be fine on Monday morning. Plus, if you're at home, you'll have snacks at your fingertips, and there's no down-side to that!

I'm not going to lie, I'm one of the smartest dogs I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment